The Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 have started to get the latest Windows Phone update (aka Tango), and among the changes, users will now be able to use their handsets as a WIFI Hotspot for a tablet or laptop. Additionally, following this upgrade, users will be able to download new apps from the Windows Phone Marketplace. Among those, the Camera Extra seems to be the most promising one and adds great camera features, like:
1/Smart group shot takes five shots and lets you pick people best face from any of them to compose a final, perfect group photo. You know, someone always closes their eyes etc…
2/Panorama: this is a classic, and all it takes is to move your camera horizontally while the phone snaps a few photos which will be stitched to form a panorama. It’s nice to see this finally come to a Windows Phone.
3/ DLNA sharing for photos to other DLNA compatible devices like television, game consoles, laptops etc…
Users can get this update by the Zune software. Starting with Windows Phone 8, all software updates will be done over the air (OTA). Too bad that these two Lumia aren’t eligible.
Next Story: JINS PC for Hackers glasses
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2012-06-22 Nokia confirms Tango update for Lumia 710, 800 on the 27th of June
- 2012-05-28 Nokia Lumia 800 spotted with Tango update in Thailand
- 2012-04-15 Select Nokia Lumia 710 and 800 handsets came with unlocked bootloaders
- 2012-03-28 Nokia Lumia 800 to receive battery boost with latest update
- 2011-10-26 Nokia Goes All In with Lumia Windows Phone