So we have seen the HTC EVO 4G LTE rooting tutorial recently for those who need a step-by-step guide in rooting their device, and here we are with an app that might also make the rooting process easier – near automatic too, it seems, thanks to the RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter. This Windows app will basically ensure your HTC EVO 4G LTE remains in a rooted state, complete with a custom recovery application and superuser/busybox packages installed, now how about that? Life does not get any more convenient than this, does it?
According to the RegawMOD development page, the RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter will verify device and battery level (make sure you have at least 40% before running the program), reboots to bootloader and retrieves unlock token, send the token over to HTCdev.com, retrieves Unlock_code.bin, unlocks bootloader, flashes TWRP recovery, and sends superuser packages and busybox to device. Just make sure you have a Windows-powered machine, the relevant HTC drivers, and .NET 4.0 installed.
Those who want to know more about what rooting is, we have set up a pretty decent primer here.
Next Story: Swumanoid is one creepy robot
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia Z2 Rooted Ahead Of Its Release
- 2014-03-24: CyanogenMod Nightlies Adds Business/People Search In Dialer App
- 2014-02-28: Nokia X Rooted, Google Apps Installed
- 2013-10-21: Future CyanogenMod ROMs Will Include Screen Recording Feature
- 2013-10-20: CyanogenMod To Get Community And Pro Editions