When we talk about BlackBerry devices, most of us would have this image in mind – a smartphone with a physical keyboard built right in for easy typing. In fact, it is safe to say that this signature form factor could also have been the thing that has brought the BlackBerry range to new depths, as the rest of the smartphone world moved forward with a full touchscreen display. Perhaps RIM intends to turn the tide with their new BlackBerry device that will run on BlackBerry 10 OS by doing away with the physical keyboard.
No idea on just when this new piece of hardware is going to be released, but we do keep our fingers crossed as it would be a sad day indeed if a company like RIM were to fold. As it is, one of their manufacturers have already started to wind down their production line. It must be noted that RIM’s past flirtations with their touchscreen devices did not really take off as expected, either. Let us keep our fingers crossed that BlackBerry 10 OS will change things around, and fast!
Update: RIM’s CEO has confirmed that while the first handset will be keyboardless, subsequent devices will have physical keyboards. “BlackBerry 10 will feature devices with physical keyboards in addition to touch devices”, says RIM.
Next Story: Hideo Kojima confirms Metal Gear Solid 5
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2013-07-11 Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04 BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-28 White BlackBerry 10 Z10 Pictures Leak Online