Rock the Vote is a not-for-profit organization that has its sights set on Election Day in the US. This particular organization intends to register 1.5 million new voters before the 6 November deadline, and will attempt to raise awareness by introducing a digital campaign which will target a decidedly younger audience – whose votes at the ballot boxes will be able to make a difference as well. Part of this aggressive online campaign will include a t-shirt design that boasts of a QR code printed on it.
This particular barcode can be scanned using a smartphone or tablet, where doing so will redirect the user to the Rock the Vote website so that they can register right there and then on the phone or tablet itself. How many of you have scanned a QR code in recent times, and just how effective do you think QR codes are in rousing your curiosity? As for me, my last QR code had something to do with an organic mushroom soup recipe which turned out to be a rather delicious starter, I might add.
Next Story: Ikea UPPLEVA TV for Europe to get 8GB DVR add-on
- 2013-11-07 Microsoft Demonstrates Xbox One Kinect QR Code Redemption [Video]
- 2013-07-02 Xbox One Kinect Will Recognize Redeemable QR Codes
- 2013-06-24 QR Codes On Sushi Provide Customers With Additional Information About Their Food
- 2013-05-28 Mercedes-Benz Is Hoping These QR Codes Will Help Save Lives
- 2013-02-25 MasterCard MasterPass Helps You Buy Stuff Without Needing A Register