It seems that not too long ago, there has been a report of the Samsung Galaxy S3 “exploding” along with a photo of the bottom part of the device that appears to have been charred slightly (pictured above). So far during our review of the handset, we did not experience any heating problems so this makes it the first we’re hearing of this issue. Well whatever the case is, it seems that Samsung has taken notice of this problem and has since issued a statement on its website, acknowledging the issue and revealed that they are currently looking into it.
“There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY SIII that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.
Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.”
Like we said earlier, since we did not experience this issue ourselves, we’re not sure what might have caused it, but if you own a Galaxy S3 and you’re experiencing something similar, like your phone getting overly hot, let us know in the comments below!
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March