While it was merely rumor and speculation back then, it was a safe presumption that Samsung’s latest flagship device, the Galaxy S3, would be headed onto all four major carriers – AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. In fact the handset was also spotted in US Cellular’s inventory recently as well. The good news is that if the Galaxy S3 is a phone you’ve been looking forward to, it has been officially announced that the Galaxy S3 will be headed to the four major carriers alongside US Cellular starting in June. The phone is expected to be compatible with 4G LTE and HSPA+ 42 networks, but at this point in time exact pricing and specific availability dates have yet to be announced by the carriers, so be sure to check back with us often as we will keep you updated about its launch.
Just in case you missed the Samsung event we covered a while back, or have forgotten what the Galaxy S3 packs under its hood, expect to find a 4.8″ Super AMOLED Gorilla Glass 2 display with a resolution of 1280×720. It will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor clocked at 1.5GHz with 2GB of RAM (although T-Mobile’s might come with the Exynos 4212 quad-core processor since the carrier lacks LTE networks at the moment), 16GB or 32GB worth of storage that can be expanded via microSD, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 1.9MP front-facing camera, a 2,100mAh battery and will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board. It will be available in marble white or pebble blue and will also come with a host of other features such as S Voice and S Beam, with the former allowing users to execute commands via their voice and with the latter allowing for quick file sharing just by touching devices.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-01-16: T-Mobile Sports The Second Lowest Churn Rate For Q4 2013
- 2013-05-08: Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available At Staples
- 2012-09-10: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 headed for Verizon, and more [rumor]
- 2011-01-13: Verizon and HTC take top spot for Android 2.2 Froyo updates
- 2010-09-19: Samsung Galaxy Tab Carrier Launch Dates Leaked?