It is safe to assume that Samsung is a fan of styluses. After all with the launch of the Galaxy Note and with the S Pen being one of its touted features, it’s not a stretch of the imagination to think that Samsung thinks of the stylus as being a mere accessory. With that being sad, it seems that Samsung has filed for a patent pertaining to a stylus, but not just any old stylus, but one that comes with a headset built into it. This isn’t a particularly new concept as it has been seen before in the ASUS Padfone (let’s hope no lawsuits come out of this), but it certainly is a pretty interesting idea.
After all with smartphones and tablets starting to blur the line with expanding and shrinking displays, a stylus that doubles as a headset would certainly look like more elegant solution compared to placing a 7” device up against your ear. No word on when we could be seeing such a stylus being released by Samsung, but given that the company has dabbled with styluses in the past, we wouldn’t be surprised to see this Samsung accessory become a reality in the near future. So, what do you guys think? Would you like a stylus that could also double as a headset?
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-03-13: ZiiLabs Tales Samsung And Apple To Court Over Patent Infringement
- 2014-03-06: Samsung Receives Patent For "Touch Display Apparatus Sensing Touch Force"
- 2014-03-05: Samsung's Google Glass Rival Patent Filing Reveals AR Keyboard