Yesterday there were reports that Samsung was working on a social network of their own, which apparently was given the codename “Samsung Facebook”. Given the Facebook moniker, safe to say there were many who viewed this move unfavorably and felt like Samsung was attempting to use the Facebook name in order to gain some traction. However as it turns out, those reports and rumors were false. Samsung has since announced via its blog that the rumors regarding a project dubbed the “Samsung Facebook” was groundless.
Samsung goes on to state that what they are working on is updating their Family Story service which not only has been available since February 2012, but is currently available on Samsung Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and the web. They also claim that “this is far from a “Samsung Faceboook” as some are claiming it to be.” It looks like those who might have been looking forward to a Samsung social network will be disappointed, but then again was it really that believable to begin with?
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android