Unlocking your smartphone is not for the faint hearted, and for those who find such digital sorcery not their cup of tea, you can always pay someone else good money to do so. However, the more technologically savvy would prefer to get their hands down and dirty, but this time around, you can opt to SIM unlock your HTC One S without having to spend a penny, thanks to a root exploit.
Developers have managed to work on a Bash Script that will ensure the entire SIM unlocking process is fully automated – so that there is no need to dive into fancy calculations and what not. Bear in mind that this particular root exploit only works for those who already own a rooted HTC One S. As for folks who do not want to root their HTC One S device, you can always wait for T-Mobile (as well as the majority of other service providers) to unlock your handset after you carry the One S around for 90 days.
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2013-07-17: HTC One S "Ville" Might Get Android 4.2.2 Update
- 2013-07-02: HTC One S Won't Get Any More Android Updates
- 2013-04-25: T-Mobile’s HTC One S Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update At Last
- 2013-02-19: T-Mobile HTC One S Gets Tiny Security Enhancement Update
- 2012-06-15: HTC One S with Snapdragon S3 1.7GHz processor spotted