When Apple took the wraps off iOS 6, one of the improvements and future that they saw Siri headed was to the car. After all with its ability to recognize voice commands, it was a natural fit to be part of a hands-free solution that allows drivers to perform a variety of actions without having to look or touch their phone. If this sounded like a great idea, you might be interested to learn that the Chevrolet Spark and Sonic will be the first two cars that will be integrating an eyes-free Siri into their system. Considering that both the Spark and the Sonic utilize GM’s own MyLink infotainment system that connects with smartphones, we guess it was only a matter of time before we saw even more integration, and Siri looks like it could be one of them. No word on when we will be seeing this integration, but according to reports (via GM Authority) we can expect to hear more about it within the next 12 months.
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-03: Apple Acquires Novauris Technologies To Help Improve Siri
- 2014-03-05: Siri Hacked, Plays Nice With 3rd Party Apps
- 2014-03-05: Siri Could Be Opened Up To Third Party Developers
- 2014-02-24: Apple Files Lawsuit Against China's Patent Office And Chinese Company Over Siri