If you love playing Resistance, the popular first-person shooter/ third-person shooter video game series developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony, you’ll probably be disappointed (hopefully not) to hear that Sony has no definitive plans for Resistance. In an interview with the Official PlayStation Magazine in U.K., Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Online producer Daniel Brooke reportedly said “The Resistance franchise has been exciting to work on. But as for the future, we have no definitive plans.”
So far, there have been five Resistance games – three on PlayStation 3, one on PlayStation Portable, and one on PlayStation Vita. The latest is Resistance: Burning Skies, a spin-off of the series that was launched in May this year and is developed specifically for the PlayStation Vita. With the game’s developers, Insomniac Games, out of the picture following its decision to stop working on it, and Sony saying that it has no definitive plans, the future of the game is bleak. We can’t really say that the series is over. We can only speculate based on Daniel Brooke’s words. The word definitive means final. So, the series could go on, but apparently Sony does not have a final plan yet.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2012-10-04: Resistance Collection arrives on the PS3 in winter
- 2011-04-23: Will Resistance use the NGP's camera to pick up weapons?
- 2011-03-30: PS3 Game Franchises Tossed to New Devs for NGP Editions