Last week, we talked about the Sony Xperia S receiving an Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update that normally, if everything goes well and all the planets are aligned together in perfect fashion, you know for sure that it is going to be smooth sailing. Unfortunately, the Xperia S Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update did run into some snags, where there were folks who had trouble upgrading the firmware. The folks who fell under this category owned Xperia S devices that came with an SI number which Sony had listed down as being ready for the Ice Cream Sandwich update. I guess this boo-boo needs to be corrected, and soon – good thing Sony Mobile has acknowledged the issue, and will be re-releasing the updates soon. Here is what Sony Mobile had to say.
“Unfortunately it seems that some users have problems to update their phones to ICS even if their SI number is in the list. We have located some issues and we’re working on fixing them as soon as possible. So if your SI number is listed for the ICS update but you still get the message saying that your phone is up-to-date stay calm we’re working on it. We will come back with more info soon.”
Not only that, they mentioned, “We have identified the earlier issues and are working to implement the solution across all available ICS updates. This process will happen gradually beginning now. Feel free to run your update again now to see if it is available, or wait and we will inform you here when all updates have been re-released.”
Next Story: Nexus Q leaked, no longer a rumor?
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2013-05-24: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Now
- 2012-10-01: Glove Mode on Xperia Sola lets you do a MJ
- 2012-09-26: Sony Xperia Ion from AT&T receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update officially
- 2012-07-09: Sony Mobile introduces Xperia S Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich open source code
- 2012-05-27: Sony Xperia S with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich spotted in a leaked video