It wasn’t too long ago that Blizzard demoed some of the new multiplayer units and features of its upcoming Starcraft 2 expansion, Heart of the Swarm. While many gamers know that the expansion is in the works and that it will be released eventually, an official date or timeframe has yet to be officially announced by Blizzard. That being said, Blizzard has recently released a tiny update to inform its players that the expansion is coming. Confirmed by the folks at Kotaku who spoke to Dustin Browder, it seems that Heart of the Swarm is 99% complete and that Blizzard is currently working on finishing the remaining 1%.
Apparently all the missions and units are in place and are playable, so we guess that remaining 1% has to do with the developers fine tuning and polishing the game for an eventual release, but what do you guys think? Would you mind waiting for a few more months or would you rather Blizzard release the expansion now and work out the kinks through updates? Personally the former sounds like a better idea – after all with all the bugs and the fiasco that Blizzard met with the launch of Diablo 3, we’re pretty sure they’re not looking for a repeat performance! Until then be sure to check back with us as we will keep you updated on its progress!
- 2014-04-23 BlizzCon 2014 Announced For 7-8 November
- 2014-04-18 Azeroth Choppers Episode 1 Is Now Live
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16 Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11 Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2013-03-22 StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Sells 1.1 Million Copies In 48 Hours
- 2013-03-12 StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Has Gone Live!
- 2013-02-26 Another Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Trailer Appears
- 2013-01-22 StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Revealed
- 2012-12-24 Blizzard expands Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm beta to pre-purchasers