There are plenty of new features making its way into iOS 6, and with all those new features, one can hardly expect Apple to detail every single one of them, right? Well someone at Reddit have managed to get their hands on the iOS 6 beta and they have discovered something pretty interesting, which is how the status bar on iOS 6 will change color according to the app that you launch. As you can see in the examples above, both the status bar have changed color to match the color scheme of Skype and Facebook respectively. Granted this isn’t exactly ground breaking, but there’s something to be said about congruency and its these little touches that can help with the overall app experience. Unfortunately this isn’t an automated feature and apparently not all apps are supported, so we guess it’s really up to the developers to enable it, but what do you guys think? Is this a nice touch or do you think you might not even have noticed at all?
- 2013-09-25 Drivers Take Alaska Airport Taxiway As Apple Maps Leads Them Astray
- 2013-06-25 iOS 7 System Icons Preferred Over iOS 6 Icons [Poll]
- 2013-05-17 iOS Devices Now Approved For Military Use By Department Of Defense
- 2013-04-22 Download Later Option Added To iOS 6 And iTunes 11
- 2013-03-27 iOS 6.1.3 Users Report Battery Drain, Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues