Stitcher, the mobile radio service that provides news, talk shows, sport and entertainment launched its revamped application. Smart Station, the key new feature, will allow listeners to discover their preferred shows among the 10,000 offered on Stitcher, thanks to personalized recommendations based on your listening history.
According to the company, Smart Station, is an update of the ‘Listeners Also Like’ feature released last year, and Stitcher currently generates over 10 million recommendations a day.
The new Lock Screen Album Art feature displays currently playing show on your phone’s lock screen while listening. See the feature list after the jump.
Smart Station –recommendations based on user’s listening activity.
Lock Screen Album Art –The currently playing show on your phone’s lock screen while you’re listening to Stitcher.
Sleep Timer – Set Stitcher to automatically stop playing after you nod off, you can set specific sleep settings to have your shows automatically stop.
Easier Sharing on Twitter – Now features pre-populated show descriptions and sources, making it easier to share your favorite shows.
The Stitcher Smart Radio app is available on iOS and Android devices.
Next Story: Pirate Bay claims to have breached BT block
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-03-18: Fraunhofer SIT: Key2Share, Smartphones as a Keyring
- 2013-03-18: Pearltrees Launches its Boticelli Version with Visual Enhancements
- 2013-02-13: Slacker Music Application Rebranded
- 2013-02-08: Soonr Workplace: Collaboration app with document scan, HD video playback and Microsoft Office
- 2012-11-29: Geneva WorldRadio Unveiled
- 2012-10-26: Apple online radio service in the pipeline?
- 2012-06-20: Sticher Radio App Redesigned
- 2012-01-06: Tuff Tunes Radio can take a beating