If you have bought either Toshiba’s Thrive or Thrive 7 tablets and you’re looking forward to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, you might be in for a disappointment. Posting on is community forum, a Toshiba rep issued a statement regarding the progress and status of the highly-anticipated Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. The news was not good and according to the rep, the update which was originally scheduled for the spring will now only be available in the fall.
“We are working hard to bring Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich to our Thrive tablets. While we originally estimated it would be ready this spring, we now estimate the update will be delivered to all Thrive 10” and 7” tablets by early fall. Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.”
No specific dates were revealed, unfortunately, which means that until we know more, you guys look like you’ll be in for quite a wait. Either way we guess it’s good that Toshiba decided to address this instead of making their customers wait while they keep mum. In any case be sure to check back with us often as we will keep you updated on its progress.
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2012-08-07: Toshiba Thrive receives Android 4.0.4 ICS update earlier than expected
- 2011-09-27: Toshiba unveils Thrive 7" Tablet
- 2011-07-29: Toshiba Thrive update solves sleep issues
- 2011-07-19: Toshiba knows about Thrive bugs, set to squash it
- 2011-07-17: Toshiba Thrive experiences sleep and reboot bugs