Every company needs a flagship, that goes without saying. After all, the flagship is the standard bearer of things to come, and it shows the world the pinnacle of your technological prowess. Having said that, Toshiba’s most recent foray into the Ultrabook market has resulted in the Satellite U840 Ultrabook, where it is said to merge outstanding performance and design in a highly portable form factor. After all, who are we to argue with a seemingly gorgeous 19.9mm brushed metal design alongside an elegant embossed pattern that oozes with premium style?
Not only that, you will find that underneath the hood, it also packs quite the decent punch, sporting 3rd generation Intel Core processors that are capable of delivering incredible mobile performance. The durable and lightweight brushed aluminium chassis will house a 32GB SSD, improved boot-up times and extended battery life of up to nine hours. If that is not enough space, you can always opt to throw in a 500GB hard drive, too.
Other hardware specifications include a 14″ TruBrite LED backlit display, up to 8GB RAM, optional backlighting for your keyboard, a large gesture control touchpad, USB 3.0 connectivity, HDMI, Bluetooth support, Wireless Display support, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), a 1.3-megapixel camera and Stereo speakers with SRS Premium Sound 3D, all weighing a mere 1.59kg. [Press Release (PDF)]RELATED
- China Wants Longer Windows XP Support From Microsoft
- Facebook Founder Wants To Deliver Fast Internet To High Schools
- Touchscreen Chromebooks Coming Your Way, Acer C720P Leads The Way
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- Chrome For Windows Gains Additional Password Security
- Follow: toshiba, ultrabooks,