Social network/micro blogging site Twitter has confirmed that a couple of service outages had already happened several hours ago, as users around the world did report about a rather significant down-time – not to mention slow service across Twitter’s website in addition to its mobile application. There were whispers going around that speculated the downtime was crippled by a hacker attack, although the company claimed that the outage was due to a “cascading bug” in one of its infrastructure components.
Mazen Rawashdeh, a Twitter vice president of engineering, mentioned that “one of the characteristics of such a bug is that it can have a significant impact on all users, worldwide, which was the case today. We are currently conducting a comprehensive review to ensure that we can avoid this chain of events in the future.”
There was also a coincidence that a DDoS-for-hire site launched an attack against Twitter earlier today, just when the backend of Twitter was suffering from its fair share of issues. What do you think?
Next Story: ZTE Blade gets Windows Phone 7 port
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest