Just the other day at Nintendo’s press conference at E3, Ubisoft came on stage and announced that an upcoming game, ZombiU, would be arriving for the Wii U. At that time it appeared to be a Wii U exclusive since it utilized the Wii U’s GamePad to perform pretty much the majority of its functions. This included the ability to switch out weapons, hack doors, snipe, and to fend off zombie attacks, but it looks like if you own a PlayStation 3 or an Xbox 360, do not give up hope just yet.
According to Ubisoft’s president of sales and marketing, Tony Key, he revealed in an interview with IGN that ZombiU could be making its way onto other platforms in the future. “ZombiU at its core was designed to be a great Wii U game and in order to make that work on other platforms they would have to change a lot of what makes the game cool [...] And I’m not saying that can’t be done, but not in the next six months, you know?” Based on that statement it looks like we could be in for a wait.
Key also stated that the port onto other platforms would only be done if the company could transfer the gameplay elements and features that “makes the game cool”. With Microsoft debuting SmartGlass and with the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita’s cross-talk capabilities, a port of ZombiU could very well be a reality. Until then it looks like Wii U owners will be able to call dibs on the game.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-03-07: Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- 2014-02-11: Watch Dogs For Wii U Will Be Delayed
- 2013-09-03: Rayman Legends Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita
- 2013-07-09: No ZombiU Sequel Due To Lack Of Profitability