Boys want to be girls, girls want to be boys, and now we have iPhones that want to get unlocked the HTC way, and I am pretty sure that you have apps for HTC smartphones to get unlocked just like Apple’s iPhone, although whether that infringes on any copyright rule or not remains to be seen. Why not just get a HTC handset if you prefer it that way, and vice versa? I guess people always like a choice, and sometimes, amalgamation is a good thing, as it does not necessarily mean that being an Apple product, it is exempt from any lack of detail or functions.
HTCLock is one app that does just as its name suggests, where 4 icons are added to the lock screen, complete with the now famous HTC ring located right at the bottom. If you want to unlock the phone while accessing a particular program, just slide the ring up to the unlock icon, and you are good to go with the corresponding application launching. You cannot set your own actions just yet, so right now you would be stuck with unlock, YouTube, Email, and Mobile Safari. On the bright side, at least this is a free software!
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2011-04-01: HTC Thunderbolt outsells the iPhone 4 on Verizon?
- 2009-12-11: Vodafone Ditches HTC HD2 In Favor Of iPhone
- 2010-03-02: Apple sues HTC over 20 patents
- 2010-04-07: Leaked Verizon Internal Document Hints At New Phones
- 2010-05-12: HTC Hits Back At Apple With Patent Complaint