Plenty of modern cars these days are coming with touchscreen display options that also double up as navigational systems as well. However given that our smartphones and tablets are pretty much powered by Android or iOS these days, wouldn’t it be better if we had some kind of unified system? Android powered car entertainment systems aren’t new, but if you own a Toyota or a Lexus vehicle, you will now have the option of putting in Vais’ new Android car system. Measuring 5”x4”x1”, this particular system will play nice with any Lexus models between 2006 and 2012, and Toyota car models between 2006 and 2009.
It integrates with your Android handset and will reportedly set you back $600 if you wish to have this system installed in your vehicle, which we’re thinking is money that could have also bought you an Android tablet instead. Either way if you like the idea of an Android powered system built into your car’s touchscreen, then Vais’ system might be worth your consideration. It appears to be a regular Android experience with music playback capabilities, apps, message sending, web browsing, etc. You can check it out in the video above to get a better idea of what you will be able to expect.
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets