Nintendo has mentioned in passing during a recent shareholders meeting in Japan that the whole idea of charging a fee for a subscription to Wii U’s online service is not exactly “the best approach”, according to Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata. Of course, having said that, Mr. Iwata is also not against the possibility of introducing subscription plans in the future, but he does feel that everyone who uses the Miiverse will eventually rely on the “word of mouth” method to spread and lead the way to greater hardware and software sales. Hopefully Nintendo is right on this count, but if you are a gamer, would you prefer to be charged a fee if the gaming experience is well worth the price? One thing is for sure though – you will not find Wii U games priced at $100, as that particular rumor has already been debunked. Would you line up for the Wii U?
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme