We did hear and talk about the Nokia Lumia 900 being prepared to receive the Windows Phone 7.8 update in a few weeks’ time just a few days ago – and here we are with a video of the Nokia Lumia 900 running on an extremely early build of Windows Phone 7.8, and it will carry the new Start screen as well which has been described as “pretty awesome; being able to resize tiles to S/M/L gives a whole new dimension – no pun intended – to personalization and customization.”
Do you find the new small-sized tile to be a winner? After all, it does seem to cater to folks who do not chat a whole lot on their handset, and use the Windows Phone device more often than not for sending emails, texting one another, surfing the Internet, play games and everything else in between save for holding long, drawn out conversations. Small tiles lets one get it out of the way, so that other more essential functions such as email, messaging and music can be larger and easier to access.
Microsoft has also set up a new page over at WindowsPhone.com that will be the go-to place for all things Windows Phone 7.8 in the weeks to come.
Next Story: Sony LT30 'Mint' sample photo emerges
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset