There has been plenty of news coverage – or should I say rumor coverage concerning Microsoft’s upcoming announcement that will be happening later this evening at 6.30PM (Pacific Time), and it seems that some of the earlier rumors surrounding a Barnes & Noble tablet device has just been debunked by Barnes & Noble themselves. Well, just to make sure the rumor mill continues spinning until Microsoft spills the beans later this evening, another leak points towards a 7-inch Surface tablet controller that will work alongside a stationary Xbox. This unique amalgamation of devices would be known as the “Xbox Surface”, now how about that?
Of course, we might as well go the whole nine yards with this rumor, where whispered specifications of the Surface controller include an ARM processor from Texas Instruments, in addition to a custom IBM engine for “scale out” purposes. Touted to carry up to seven hours of battery life, it has a maximum resolution range of 1280 x 720. I don’t know too much about these rumors, but the best “medicine” to cure such a situation would be patience.
- 2014-04-08 Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08 HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07 Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31 Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20 Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-03-13 Microsoft Quietly Killed Off The Xbox 360 2-Year Contract Plans, Claims It Was An Experiment