We’ve already felt the “Google love” earlier today at Google I/O and we are certainly excited about what’s to come in the next couple of days. In addition to the announcements, YouTube app for Android has just been redesigned. The latest update includes a nifty guide on the left side of the screen that gives users instant access to their channel subscriptions, as well as a feed of activity showing the latest and best videos from their favorite YouTube channels. Also, YouTube for Android now allows users to preload videos from their subscribed channels on their phone via Wi-Fi.
To do that, users will have to enable “Preloading” in the settings menu. The update also brings the capability to turn your phone into a remote, so that you can play YouTube videos on other devices. Google said that it is planning to make the feature available across connected TVs and living room devices in the future. The new YouTube app is currently available for devices running Android 4.0 and Android 4.1. But Google said that these features will be deployed on later versions of Android in the following months.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2013-06-20: YouTube For Android And iOS Receives Next Video Overlay
- 2011-10-04: Miramax looking to partner with Google for Android, YouTube and Google TV
- 2011-05-11: Android movie rentals will make use of Flash
- 2010-02-05: Videos On The Creation Of The Nexus One Released