It looks like Microsoft is almost ready to push out another update for Xbox LIVE on its Xbox 360 consoles. The company today announced that the open beta for the 2012 Xbox LIVE update is now open. The update features a whole bunch of new features including: Internet Explorer for Xbox, personalized dashboard recommendations, enhanced category search and discovery features. And for those of you who are worried about the beta update causing your games to be incompatible with the system, fear not – Microsoft mentioned that a console in the (beta) program is expected to remain fully compatible with standard retail consoles not in the program.
Curious folks who want the latest version of the Xbox LIVE Dashboard on their consoles can head over to the public beta page to sign up. However, take note that you will be required to agree to a non-disclosure agreement for confidentiality reasons. If you’re interested in checking it out head here.
Next Story: Portal speed run done in 8 minutes
- 2014-03-26: Xbox One Reputation Notifications Coming Soon
- 2014-03-12: Watch Dogs Closed Beta On Xbox LIVE Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-03-03: Xbox Live Could Extend To iOS And Android
- 2014-03-02: 24 month Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions Introduced
- 2014-02-09: The Walking Dead Mid-Season Premiere Accidently Posted On Xbox Live
- 2013-10-03: Xbox Live Gold Goes Free This Weekend
- 2013-09-16: Rainbow Six: Vegas Available For Free Through Xbox Live 'Game With Gold'
- 2013-07-12: Xbox Live Rewards Will Transition From Microsoft Points On September 1
- 2013-06-28: Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Will Offer Deep Discounts Next Week
- 2013-04-02: Microsoft Warns Of Circulating Scam Promising 'Free Xbox Points'