One of the drawbacks to using glossy screen protectors is that fingerprints and smudges are pretty darn obvious. Granted color reproduction might look better, but that could also mean that you will need to constantly wipe the display down. Well the good news is that the folks at 3M have announced a new screen protector called “Natural View Fingerprint Fading”, which as the name implies, will cause fingerprints to “magically” fade away by themselves after a while. Safe to say 3M did not reveal how this was accomplished, but we’re guessing it might have to do with a chemical coating. Either way it sounds like a pretty cool idea. It is expected to be compatible with the 2nd and 3rd gen iPad along with the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablets, so if you’d like to place an order, pop on over to Amazon where it is currently retailing for $24.95. Alternatively you can also stop by 3M’s website to learn more about it. Since we have yet to try this screen protector out for ourselves, we can’t really attest to its claims, but user reviews on Amazon have revealed that there are customers who are pretty pleased with their purchase.
- 2012-09-07: 3M AIR and FLEX LED lighting solutions are the bomb
- 2012-07-23: 3M unveils fingerprint fading screen protectors for your tablets
- 2012-03-09: 3M to introduce Augmented Reality Post-It app
- 2012-01-12: 3M 46-inch touchscreen prototype
- 2011-10-25: 3M Camcorder Projector CP45 takes photos, projects images
- 2011-10-05: 3M's solar films can be pasted onto windows