A couple of days ago, we reported that Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean was headed to select soak testers for the WiFi Motorola Xoom and it looks like the rollout has already begun. Now the good news is that if you’re not a soak tester and you can’t wait for the official rollout, you will be able to download the update. However this means that you will have to flash the update to your tablet which also means that you will require some knowledge of flashing and all that. If that’s a bit too technical for your liking, then we guess you will have to play the waiting game which shouldn’t be too long (hopefully) considering the soak test is underway.
For those who want to flash the update, it should be noted that many users have reported that attempting to flash the update results in the apply_patch_space error. If you think that maybe you’ll be the exception to the rule, then the download links can be found in the source link below along with instructions on how to flash the file to your tablet.
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-01-02: Motorola XOOM Gets Unofficial Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-14: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Upgrade From Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Reconsidered
- 2013-10-13: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Looks To Remain Stuck In Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean For Good
- 2012-07-23: Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean heads for the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi
- 2012-07-16: Upcoming Motorola Xoom soak test suggests that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is imminent