Earlier this year, Apple launched the 15” Retina display MacBook Pro. Despite its expensive price tag, there was apparently a huge demand for the device as evidenced in its estimated shipping times which had users waiting for up to a month before it landed in their hands. That being said, what about the 13” MacBook Pro model? Will it be getting the Retina treatment as well? While Apple has yet to announce a 13” Retina MacBook Pro, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo revealed in his report that he expects Apple to be launching a 13” Retina MacBook Pro sometime in the September-October timeframe.
“We think consumers who initially planned to purchase the 13” MacBook Pro and Air will turn to the 13” Retina MacBook Pro instead because it has an attractive panel, its price is similar to MacBook Pro and it has a better balance between power consumption and form factor. However, as supply is limited due to panel and assembly yield rate issues, shipment of the 13” Retina MacBook Pro won’t be able to satisfy demand. And we think consumers’ budgets will transfer to new iOS products after Apple launches them, which suggests that overall MacBook shipments will not grow meaningfully on the 13” Retina MacBook Pro.”
He also went on to reveal that the September-October timeframe is also when users can expect to see Apple refresh the iMac with Intel’s latest Ivy Bridge processors, a refresh which many were wondering about since it was not revealed at Apple’s WWDC (where the new MacBook Air and Pro models were announced). The delay of the announcement was apparently due to screen lamination issues. Assuming Kuo’s predictions come true, it seems that September-October could be a very busy month for Apple (iPhone, iPod touch, iPod nano)!
- 2014-04-10: Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2012-06-05: Apple rumored to refresh the majority of its Mac computers at WWDC
- 2011-10-26: Apple unibody case plant to reopen by the end of October
- 2010-12-15: Whispers of MacBook Pro and iMac redesigns on the horizon