If you’re wondering about the possible benefits of tablets in the education sector, Apple’s Q3 earnings call has revealed that they sold twice as many iPads as they did Macs to the education sector. While computers could be arguably more useful and efficient when it comes to productivity (i.e. creating spreadsheets, typing up reports and the likes), the iPad has been seen as particularly useful in the education sector due to the numerous apps and interactivity. With iTunes U and iBooks Textbooks for the iPad, it certainly looks like Apple is making a strong case for the use of the iPad as an educational tool. We guess this isn’t really a surprise as we have come across reports in the past where schools have purchased tablets for use in the class, both iOS and Android alike.
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- iOS 7.1 Release Apparently Just Around The Corner
- Researchers Find iOS Security Flaw To Monitor Screen Taps And Keystrokes
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.6/6.1.6 To Fix SSL Encryption Bug
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued