The Verizon Galaxy Nexus is said to have received an Over The Air (OTA) update, where it comes not too soon after word that there was an injunction which resulted in a ban of the sales of the Galaxy Nexus in the US. Good to know that this particular injunction was lifted to facilitate the sales of the Galaxy Nexus Stateside, with Google’s online store starting to accept orders for this smartphone again. This bit of news comes about after a US court decided to lift a sales ban on a temporary basis for its Galaxy Nexus smartphones.
There was no explanation or reason given for this U-turn made by the appeals court, and Apple has until Thursday in order to file a response. This particular case will be of interest, as it will have implications for other Android-powered devices which might eventually result in Google having to limit some of the functions. According to Florian Mueller, a patent consultant who followed the case closely, claimed that should Apple managed to convince the courts to reinstate the ban, it might take approximately months before Samsung has another chance to overturn this ruling. It will be a long term battle though, as this particular case is due for a full trial when March 2014 rolls around.
- 2013-12-05: Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- 2013-11-05: Petition Urges Google To Reconsider Android 4.4 For Galaxy Nexus
- 2013-11-03: Android 4.4 Verizon Galaxy Nexus Custom ROM Released
- 2013-11-01: Galaxy Nexus Will Not Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-31: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 Update Build GJ04 Released
- 2013-03-19: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Announced For Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- 2013-03-05: Verizon Galaxy Nexus Finally Receives Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-02-28: Verizon Galaxy Nexus In Line For Update
- 2012-09-26: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean factory image from Google directly