If you’re a sports junkie and you want to stay on top of all things related to the Olympic Games this year, BBC has got the app just for you. Called the BBC Olympics app, it features content on the Olympic mobile website that’s easily accessible via a single app on your smartphone/tablet. It will give you details about each of the 36 Olympic sports – the rules or what’s happening when, every athlete and country with their own page and medal tallies as well as news stories and key facts, minute-by-minute live text commentary, a comprehensive schedule and results service, and of course live video during the Games and highlights of the best medal-winning moments.
The app also has some advantages over the mobile website: stories you can download to read offline, the ability to just download stories without images if you plan to save data or you’re in a place with weak reception. The BBC Olympics app is available now from the Apple App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play Store for Android devices.
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17: Hitman GO Now Available In iTunes App Store
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-03-05: BBC Three To Move Online In Cost Reducing Effort
- 2013-12-30: Hacker Tried Selling Access To BBC Server On Christmas Day
- 2013-07-07: BBC Set To Suspend 3D Programming
- 2013-05-15: BBC iPlayer For Windows Phone 8 Launched
- 2012-07-13: BBC Olympics app released
- 2011-10-20: BBC iPlayer app receives AirPlay support
- 2011-06-15: BBC develops iOS app for mobile reporting