BBC Sport has just launched its own app for Facebook users. The app will allow Facebook users to watch live streams of sporting events such as Wimbledon or the Olympics. You can watch the events online with your friends and chat with them online as it happens. Comment threads under the live stream will allow fans to see the community’s reaction what is currently going on in the sport events. By pressing play or liking the stream, it is shared with your friends via the news feed. The in-app Activity Stream updates in real time to show you what exactly your friends are watching so you can join them too.
A beta version of the app has been launched today for Wimbledon, which offers BBC’s TV network coverage as well as six extra match streams from the courts. The comment threads and sharing features have also been added, while live chat will be added for the Olympics. If you happen to be on your mobile device or tablet, you can also watch the BBC Summer of SPorts online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/. Kudos to BBC for bringing sports to all of the dedicated fans. Unfortunately, only residents of the UK will be able to access the Facebook app as ESPN has the rights to Wimbledon and NBC to the Olympics in America.
- Microsoft Accounts Receive New Security Features
- Google Testing +Post Google+ Content Ads With Select Brands
- Facebook News Feed Changes Put Focus On Content Source's Quality
- New Website Helps Users Check If Their Email Account Has Been Hacked
- Facebook Is Open To The Idea Of A "Sympathize" Button
- Follow: bbc, Facebook, sports,