There is nothing quite like a concept for you to let your imagination run wild, right? After all, you need not be bogged down by details such as physical limitations or a shorter battery life due to the number of features you threw into the mix. Well, here is a rendering of a concept phone by someone who figured out that RIM might actually want to consider when it comes to churning out a BlackBerry 10 QWERTY slider. The whole idea of this concept is to maximize the display area. When the concept phone is closed, the bezel looks extremely narrow, although it does not really break new ground in terms of hardware design.
Slide it open, and your eyes (and obviously, fingers) will be treated to a new-style angled keyboard for a greater ergonomic user experience. After all, this angled keyboard was picked up as a patent by RIM earlier this year. What do you think of the overall design – is the keyboard too flat for your liking at first glance? I do hope that RIM nails their next BlackBerry device correctly with the mass market, as the company really needs a shot in the arm at this point in time and in the immediate future.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2013-07-11 Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04 BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2012-03-23 BlackBerry Blade concept looks sharp
- 2009-08-05 RIM fantasizes with new BlackBerry form factors