We’ve seen solar trees in real life, which provide shade as well as power to the city, in certain places of California, but this is the first time I have seen a miniature personal solar tree. The personal USB Solar Charger Treel, made by Brando, will charge up your smartphone thanks to its nine solar panels attached to the branches.
Installation is quite easy, all you have to do is connect a couple of wires, insert the tree branches, and attach the solar panels. You shouldn’t have any difficulty charging your smartphone no matter what device it is as the product comes with tons of connectors: Nokia I, Mini USB, Samsung, micro USB, Nokia II, PSP, LG, and the Samsung i900. If it happens to be raining, no need to worry as you can also use AC power to charge your devices. The USB Solar Charger Tree could definitely help save some money on electricity each year as well as provide portable charging power. It could also make a nice desk gift for a co-worker. It’ll set you back $55. Let us know what you think of the device in the comments section below and whether or not you’ll be getting one.
Next Story: Nexus Q delayed, but pre-orders get it for free
- 2013-03-21 Apple Uses 75% Renewable Energy Throughout Its Various Facilities
- 2013-03-12 Walgreens Building A Superstore That Runs Only On Renewable Energy
- 2013-03-11 Cleaner Air, Thanks To Metal Organic Material
- 2012-08-01 California stays green as utilities are powered by 20% renewable energy
- 2012-07-06 Solar Impulse successfully lands in Europe after flight from Morocco
- 2012-06-21 Brando Professional Beer Foam Making Mug
- 2012-03-05 USB AK-47 Assault Rifle flash drive
- 2012-02-28 iDroid makes your phone feel smart
- 2011-12-22 Brando introduces wireless keyboard and mouse made from bamboo