The Cyanogen Mod is one of the most popular mods currently out for Android. It allows you to customize your device how you want to and adds features that are not in the stock Android experience such as incognito browsing and lock screen gestures. After the announcement of Android 4.1(JellyBean) at Google I/O, people have been wondering whether or not the Cyanogen Mod team will be creating a new version and whether or not it will be based on Jellybean. Well, the team sent out a little announcement on Google+ clearing the air of questions today.
The CM team announced that Cyanogen Mod 10 will indeed be based on Jellybean and they also announced that they will finish up work on CM9 and then after that work solely on CM7 and CMM10. They currently don’t have the JellyBean source code and they don’t have an ETA, so we don’t really know how long you will have to wait to get your hands on CM10. We will keep you updated on the situation as more info becomes available.
Next Story: iPhone 4S mod adds built-in wireless charging
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android