If you’re looking to set up your home with a new router, you might want to check out D-Link’s latest offering. The company announced today that its Cloud Router 5700 (DIR-865L) is now available. It is its first ever 802.11ac router which delivers dual-band wireless performance of up to 1750Mbps – which in today’s world, is great for our high-bandwidth gaming, and HD streaming apps. In addition to blazing speeds with next-generation WiFi, the Cloud Router 5700 is called Cloud Router for a reason: users will be able to access it remotely.
Via D-Link’s Cloud App, users can easily monitor and control their home networks remotely. Great for those times when somebody has a problem at home, but you’re not there in person to fix it – at least you’ll be able to troubleshoot and fix it from your end. The Cloud Router 5700 can also be used like a cloud server thanks to D-Link’s SharePort app and a USB port for you to plug in your USB disk with media.
The router comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for non-WiFi PCs, extended wireless coverage for your wireless devices, security fatures such as SPI firewall and WPA2, and is IPv6 Ready. It is available now from Amazon and Newegg with a retail price of $189.99.
- 2014-02-20: D-Link Outdoor HD Cloud Camera Shipping Now
- 2014-01-06: Netgear Trek N300 Travel Router
- 2014-01-06: D-Link DIR-510L WiFi AC750 Travel Router / Charger
- 2013-10-14: D-Link To Close Back Door To Its Routers
- 2013-07-08: Amped Wireless RTA15 802.11ac Wi-Fi Router
- 2013-04-17: Your Off The Shelf Wi-Fi Router Can Easily Be Hacked