If you’ve been anticipating the launch of Dark Blood, chances are you already know this but in case you don’t – the open beta for the action-RPG, arcade beat-em-up is now open. Users can head over to the Dark Blood website to download the game client and register an account to play the game. For those who haven’t heard of Dark Blood, it’s a throwback to classic arcade brawler games that used to dominate the arcades – think Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and other similar games.
While it features a gameplay style similar to those oldies, it adds another layer of depth with its RPG element. Not only can you progress in the game by killing enemies, you can also upgrade your character as you level up and unlock new skills as well as pick up better gear. Co-op gameplay and PVP is supported, so for folks who don’t like playing solo – you won’t have to. The game will be free to play, and supports micro transactions for those of you who want to skip the grinds. Interested adventures can head here to participate in the open beta today (US and Europe only for now).
- 2014-04-22: Walking Dead: Game Of The Year Edition Listed On GameStop
- 2014-04-22: Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22: Uncharted 4 Rumored For E3 2014 Reveal
- 2014-04-22: New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21: Oculus Rift Gives You A Taste Of The USS Voyager Bridge