If you’ve been anticipating the launch of Dark Blood, chances are you already know this but in case you don’t – the open beta for the action-RPG, arcade beat-em-up is now open. Users can head over to the Dark Blood website to download the game client and register an account to play the game. For those who haven’t heard of Dark Blood, it’s a throwback to classic arcade brawler games that used to dominate the arcades – think Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and other similar games.
While it features a gameplay style similar to those oldies, it adds another layer of depth with its RPG element. Not only can you progress in the game by killing enemies, you can also upgrade your character as you level up and unlock new skills as well as pick up better gear. Co-op gameplay and PVP is supported, so for folks who don’t like playing solo – you won’t have to. The game will be free to play, and supports micro transactions for those of you who want to skip the grinds. Interested adventures can head here to participate in the open beta today (US and Europe only for now).
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title