So you own a Dell Venue Pro, one of the first Windows Phone-powered smartphones in the market, which has aged rather gracefully I might add at nearly 2 years old. While you are mulling over whether to ditch this old faithful and settle for one of the more fluid Lumia devices from Nokia, you might want to hold on to your horses for a while. After all, one user in Germany did report that his Dell Venue Pro has already received the Windows Phone Tango update, and others in his stead ought to follow suit shortly afterwards.
Nice to know that a phone which is nearly a couple of years old is still on the receiving end of the latest updates. It is important to note that this is not the Windows Phone 7.8 update which was promised to existing Windows Phone 7.5 devices, and there are no promises that this device will be on the receiving end of that update. Still, it is nice to see Dell update a two year-old antique (by consumer electronics standards, that is).
Next Story: Sprint gets Samsung Galaxy S3 on store shelves
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2012-07-01: Samsung Omnia W ready to take Windows Phone Tango route
- 2012-06-18: Windows Phone Tango leaked for Nokia Lumia 710
- 2011-11-30: AT&T Dell Venue Pro Mango update finally arrives
- 2011-03-31: Dell Venue Pro Windows Phone 7 NoDo update now live
- 2010-11-30: Dell Venue Pro's December 14th Release Date Teased Briefly