If you’re looking for ways to generate electricity using your water taps, Ryan Jongwoo Choi has got the answer for you. Called the ES Pipe Waterwheel, it is essentially a mini turbine that harnesses hydropower from regular water taps and converts it into energy for lighting up specially designed light bulbs. It is an intended solution for places with access to water but no electricity though I see it more as an emergency light source for places that frequently run into blackouts. I’m not sure how efficient this waterwheel is in practice, but it is a pretty cool, and environmental friendly idea. Let’s just hope that people don’t purposely leave their taps running for the sake of having free lights. Watch the video demonstration above.
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-18 Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-08 More iPhone 6 Concept Renders Based On Leaked Schematics
- 2014-04-07 Analyst: Apple iWatch To Get UV Exposure Sensors
- 2014-03-31 iPhone 6 Concept Based On Alleged Leaked Schematics