The much maligned Timeline feature on Facebook has more or less become the norm for many of us, and in the latest twist to it, Facebook has introduced a same-sex marriage icon for those who have tied the knot with their loved one of the same gender, and want to declare their marriage status for the world to see. After all, this same-sex icon would better reflect the relationship instead of the standard issue bride and a groom which apply to straight couples. Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes married his partner Sean Eldridge over the weekend, and it seems that this was the first time such an icon was spotted – with two grooms thrown into Hughes’ Facebook Timeline.
No idea on whether there is an icon of two brides as I haven’t come across it just yet, but I guess that it would not be out of place for Facebook to offer the equivalent for female same-sex couples. Do you like what Facebook has done?
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam