On Tuesday this week, Samsung’s request to lift the injunction against the Galaxy Nexus was rejected by U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh. In a move to work their way around the infringed patent, both Google and Samsung reportedly told AllThingsD that they are prepping up a software patch. The assumption was further supported when the device was taken out temporarily from Google Play, raising more questions than answers. Well it seems that the report was true after all.
Google has confirmed to ABC News that the Galaxy Nexus had been pulled out from its Google Play store as a result of the judge’s decision, but said it would begin selling the device again next week running the latest version of Android – Android 4.1 a.k.a. Jelly Bean. Google then added that the updated version will address the issues in dispute and that it will simplify the quick search option of the device, revealing only results from the web while disabling the local search options.RELATED