Dictionaries often include example sentences on them to make learning more fun and easy. Today, Google is deploying the same feature to its Google Translate service. Now, Google Translate users will have the option to view sample sentences by clicking the example sentence icon located at the left-hand text box of Google Translate. The feature will prove to be handy since sample sentences will provide more context to the words that we want to learn more about.
While it is nice to see how Google Translate has evolved through the years, it’s important to note that the product is far from being perfect. “Did you know that more than 5000 new words are created each year? At Google we’re always curious about new words from around the world, from all languages, and we think one of the best ways to understand and make sense of new words is by observing them in their natural habitat. Our latest feature does just that by providing you with example sentences taken from fresh new stories around the web,” Google said.
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2014-03-12: Google Translate For Android Understands Handwriting Of 13 More Languages
- 2013-08-15: Google Translate App For Android Adds New Languages
- 2013-07-24: Google Translate Throws In Handwriting Input On Homepage
- 2013-03-27: Google Translate Offline Support For 50 Languages
- 2013-01-04: Google Now, Translate Caught Praising The iPad