Kansas is going bye-bye with Google’s latest attempt at upping the ante where Internet speed is concerned, thanks to their Google Fiber broadband Internet service which was unveiled in Kansas City, Missouri, earlier this morning. Google claims that their Google Fiber broadband is capable of delivering access speeds which are over a 100 times faster compared to some of the current fastest Internet speeds from traditional US cable and telecommunications companies. The asking price is not that exorbitant either, as the Google Fiber TV service will cost $120 each month for a package that includes major broadcast networks, in addition to 1Gbps (Gigabyte per second) Internet speeds and a whopping 1TB of cloud storage, now how about that?
Those who are running on a tighter monthly budget, fret not – there is also a $70 monthly fee service that will feature such blazing fast speeds and massive cloud storage, sans traditional TV channels, of course. Imagine being able to record eight TV shows simultaneously, not to mention store up to 500 hours of high definition programming on the cloud – all of which can be accessed easily and in a jiffy. Makes Comcast’s ‘Platinum’ Xfinity package pale in comparison, doesn’t it? I do wonder, however – if you already do not have enough time to catch up on your TV, why bother recording 8 shows at once if you are living alone? Families, however, is a different animal altogether which might just benefit from Google Fiber TV.
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2013-09-26 Google Fiber Compared To Broadband In Provo City Promotional Video
- 2013-06-12 Google Fiber And Robot Helps Boy Pitch At MLB Game
- 2013-05-08 Google Fiber Expanding To Grandview, MO
- 2013-04-29 Google Fiber Gets Competition In Vermont As $35-A-Month Gigabit Internet Launches
- 2013-04-23 Google Fiber iPad App Now Available For Download