Hmmm, it does seem as though the Google Nexus 7 does have its fair share of hardware issues, where some users have already reported screen separation problems. These were mentioned over at the XDA Developer’s Forum, where select users with an eagle eye have noticed that the display on Google Nexus 7 (which was manufactured by Asus of Taiwan, by the way) is slowly but surely making its way above the plastic bezel with the passing passage of time. To put it in layman’s terms, the display is starting to pop out from the plastic casing – which is not a good sign at all. Apple must surely be stifling some laughter on their side, as no such issue has ever been reported concerning the iPad.
Word has it that the display of affected Nexus 7 tablets seem to creak when it is pressed, although in due time, separation issues start to surface. There was a particular enterprising XDA member who goes by the handle jam10238, who decided to have the tablet’s back cover removed, tightening the screws which make sure the display remains in place to get the situation back to “normal”. Hopefully this is a permanent solution and not a temporary one – it would be interesting to see what Google and Asus do about this situation.
Next Story: WD TV Play media hub spotted over at the FCC
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-10-03: Google Might Not Go With ASUS For 2014's Nexus 7 [Rumor]
- 2013-09-08: ASUS Reportedly Trying To Emerge From Under Google's 'Aura'
- 2013-02-07: Nexus 7 To Carry Qualcomm Processor Instead?
- 2013-01-28: Google Works With Asus For Next Generation Nexus 7
- 2012-11-09: If You Bought a Nexus 7 in October, Google Wants To Give You Money