While consumers who purchase tablets don’t normally do it for the specific purpose of gaming, it looks like those who do might want to check out the Microsoft Surface when it is released. According to reports online, the upcoming FPS game Halo 4 will be playable on the Microsoft Surface. During Venture Beat’s GameBeat 2012 conference, Don Mattrick, President of Interactive Entertainment Business for Microsoft made the claim though he didn’t elaborate on what he meant.
Could he be talking about the Xbox SmartGlass app that was shown off at this year’s E3? Or did he mean that users could play the full game on the tablet itself. If that’s the case, it looks like the Surface could be a potential hit in the gaming sector (assuming other developers follow suit with their games as well). Stay tuned for more details.
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2013-10-01: Microsoft Surface Boss Promises Multiple Sizes And Aspect Ratios
- 2013-09-23: Hands-On: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-06-04: Microsoft Surface RT Tablet Spotted In Ghost In The Shell Anime
- 2013-05-02: Smaller Microsoft Surface Expected To Be Announced In June [Rumor]