Earlier today we reported that thanks to Australian carrier, Telstra, it seems that it was leaked that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean would be headed for the HTC One XL and the One S. Since at that time it was a leak as opposed to official information, we guess there are still some of you guys out there who might be skeptical and worried that things could take a turn for the worse. Well fret not as according to the folks at Engadget, they have received a statement from HTC confirming the updates.
“We know HTC fans are excited to get their hands on Google’s latest version of Android. At this point in time, we can confirm that we have plans to upgrade our HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S to Jelly Bean. Please stay tuned for more updates regarding device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean.”
The updates are also expected to arrive on the carrier version of the HTC One X and the One S on AT&T, T-Mobile and Rogers. No word on when we will be seeing the update, but it’s good to know that it has at the very least been confirmed officially.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-04-02 HTC One X Rumored To Receive Android 4.2.2 Update With Sense 5 In June/July
- 2012-12-27 Jelly Bean Update For T-Mobile's HTC One S In Beta Phase
- 2012-12-26 Global version of HTC One S receiving Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update
- 2012-10-26 HTC One X receives Android 4.1.2, HTC One S to follow
- 2012-10-02 HTC One X and One S to receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update later this month