When it comes to the world of Android-powered tablets among the more established names in the industry, Huawei does not really pop up into one’s minds. However, the company is not going to just bundle over and call it quits anytime soon, having officially announced the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite which will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, although we are left wondering whether there will be an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update coming our way in the near future as well.
As the moniker gives the game away, the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite will feature a 7” display at 1280 x 800 pixels, which is not too far different from the Huawei MediaPad that rolled out in 2011 that sported the Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system. Just what kind of hardware will the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite pack? Well, it is said to come with “3G cellular voice, SMS and MMS”, Wi-Fi connectivity, 1080p video playback, a metal unibody, and a rear camera of unknown resolution. We do hope to hear more about the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite in due time, that is for sure. In the mean time, you can read more about the Huawei MediaPad 10.1 here.
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2012-08-10: Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD poses for the FCC
- 2012-05-01: Huawei MediaPad receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-02-27: Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD – official specs
- 2012-02-14: Huawei to announce Ascend D1 Q and MediaPad 10 at MWC 2012?
- 2012-01-11: Huawei MediaPad to be preloaded with Ice Cream Sandwich