After passing the 50 million mark in May, it looks like the number of Instagram users has jumped again. According to the latest reports online, the 2-year old photo-sharing service on Android and iOS now has over 80 million users. Talk about popular. There’s no doubt that Android support and Facebook buying Instagram helped to propel the app to its current state but the fact that arrived at the right time was probably a huge contributing factor as well.
Before Instagram there were apps that let you apply filters on your photographs and there were apps that let you share them – Instagram was probably the first app to provide both features and get it right. Despite the recent move by Twitter which prevented Instagram users from finding Twitter friends on the service, I doubt Instagram’s growth is going to slow down anytime soon. Unless of course some other photo-sharing service comes along and takes the throne.
No word on a BlackBerry or Windows Phone version of the app yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in the works right now. How many of you use Instagram and managed to convince friends and family to use it as well?RELATED
- Samsung Argues That Without High Subsidies, Their Global Business Would Suffer
- Low-end Nokia Lumia Device With 4.5-inch Display Sighted
- Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- Samsung Apparently Tried To Cover Up An Incident Of Galaxy S4 Catching Fire
- Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- Follow: apps, instagram, milestone,
- Seen at: mobilesyrup