The iPad mini? That is old hat by now where rumors are concerned, just like the iPhone mini which never was. Well, other hardware manufacturers backing up the Android platform have released 7″ tablets to date, and they certainly have found those to do quite well in the market, not to mention alongside the larger 10″ tablets, of course. Apple has stuck to their guns so far with the iPad’s form factor and screen size, but the rumor of an iPad mini has always loomed in the background, making us wonder whether there were initial plans for such a device from Cupertino in the first place.
Well, the latest rumor to make up the iPad mini rumor mill would touch on the display size – in particular, we are looking at a possible IGZO LCD panel from Sharp, not to mention having it come in a pixel density of up to 330 ppi that clearly places it in Retina Display territory, alongside a price point of $250 to $300 – which will definitely hurt the Nexus 7′s sales if this were to be true.
- Researchers Find iOS Security Flaw To Monitor Screen Taps And Keystrokes
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.6/6.1.6 To Fix SSL Encryption Bug
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- iPad Air Has The Best Battery Life Amongst Tablets [Study]
- Office For iPad Could Be Arriving Sooner Than We Think